The updated 1101D Mel-Temp® Digital Melting Point Apparatus offers a quick and easy way to measure the melting points of samples at a budget price with a temperature resolution of ±1°C. It is ideal for multiple users, being ergonomically designed to ensure comfortable viewing for everyone, with a height-adjustable extension arm and a viewing head that may be rotated to suit each user. As a visual aid, the viewing head holds a viewing magnifier that offers 8X magnification.
As a further convenience, the extension arm is completely collapsible and can be neatly folded away into the unit, so that the unit can be stored flat to save space.
Each Digital Mel-Temp® comes supplied with a complimentary pack of 50 capillary tubes, its own power supply and power cable.
The 1101D Mel-Temp® has power requirements of 115V and 50-60Hz. The 1102D Mel-Temp® has exactly the same functionality, but has power requirements of 230V and 50-60Hz.
Warranty: 1 year parts and labour
• Membrane keypad with simple menus for intuitive use
• Push button controls are conveniently located to ensure that temperatures can be recorded without looking away from the sample
• Digital microprocessor with ±1°C resolution provides fast warm-up and accurate temperature control
• Samples in 3 capillary tubes may be viewed simultaneously.
Safety and convenience
• 3 Audible beeps indicate that the oven temperature is stable and ready for sample
• Adjustable arm with viewing magnifier can be folded away into the unit
• Adjustable object lens for sharp focus
• Rotating viewing head and safety eye piece to protect against glare and hot zone
• Integral light and wide angle 8X viewing magnifier enhance sample observation, so that all 3 samples can be viewed without eye strain
• Units can be calibrated by the user on their site or by the manufacturer/service organisation. If calibrated by the user, a calibration kit is required
• Improved calibration procedure using a calibration key